Friday, September 20, 2013

A possible way forward

I am still looking for a decent sized project to help keep me sane through the long winter months. One possible idea is to work on my Nurgle daemons. This picture shows some of the collection - an Avatars of War herald, a very old painted Fenryll putrid horror and a pile of plastics. There's 15 assembled plaguebearers plus a complete box of 10 still on their sprue. In addition, I have 7 old school metal plaguebearers that I painted a few years back - these are on round bases and are pink, which may or may not be a viable starting point. I have a few other bits that I reckon I could add to this lot, I am pretty sure there are a few more metals lurking around the back of the cupboard somewhere, plus more non-daemon plastics that could be drafted in. At a minimum then there are 32 plaguebearers here, plus 2 rather portly heralds. With a bit of chopping and scrounging from other sources I reckon 2 units of 20 plus herald would be doable.

Here's a scale shot of the heralds and a minion. They are big chaps, there's no doubting who is boss here. The winged daemon I would make some changes to - probably remove the wings and some of the softer looking spikes. I would repaint him too, the dark green is a very poor base to add special effects such as gore and drool.

Hands up if you love Nurgle!

5 comments:

  1. Four tentacles up for this.. :) We demand a carnival of chaos warband!! Seriously, do some more crazy conversions and make a mordheim warband out of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Conversions are a distinct possibility, but I don't play Mordheim so it would be more Warhammer-ish. However, I have a cunning plan to base some in groups of 4, some singly, so the singles could be Mordheim-ish. We will see how it goes. I would also like to make some Nurgle beasts, got lots of bits that could be used there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Mika, a a carnival of foul souls with silly hats would be mind blowing experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As reported by Stanford Medical, It's in fact the ONLY reason this country's women get to live 10 years more and weigh on average 19 kilos lighter than us.

    (And realistically, it is not related to genetics or some secret diet and really, EVERYTHING related to "how" they are eating.)

    BTW, I said "HOW", and not "what"...

    CLICK this link to find out if this brief questionnaire can help you release your real weight loss possibilities

    ReplyDelete
  5. Water Hack Burns 2lb of Fat OVERNIGHT

    At least 160,000 men and women are using a simple and secret "water hack" to lose 1-2lbs every night in their sleep.

    It is effective and works on everybody.

    This is how to do it yourself:

    1) Get a clear glass and fill it half full

    2) Now use this proven HACK

    and be 1-2lbs skinnier the next day!

    ReplyDelete